"Rain, Rain Go Away, Come again on my Wedding Day..."
Okay, So I understand not everyone will feel the same about rain on their "Big Day" or even at their engagement session. I can't tell you how many calls I get wanting to cancel a session or postpone due to weather. Understand, it isn't always possible to postpone a session and just pick it up the following weekend, and why?
There is no denying how amazing the photos in the rain and I have strung together some facts that might have you wishing for a slight shower...
- Fact: Sessions in the rain, although uncomfortable, are some of my favorite sessions...ever. (okay so maybe this one wont sway you...)
- Fact: As couples go to avoid the rain, bringing them closer whether under an awning or umbrella..
- Fact: Sets a tone for a more intimate setting
- Fact: Colors will have more of a "pop" to them and a natural saturation that isn't overdone.
- Fact: In some cultures, rain on your wedding day is considered good luck, symbolizing fertility and cleansing.
- Fact: Got allergies? Rain reduces airborne pollen...!
- Fact: You could see a rainbow! I mean it is a rainbow... they are neat!
All in all there are many reasons to embrace mother nature, rain or shine! Within reason, no need to chase a tornado...unless you're into that sorta thing...
Enjoy some of our rain shots!